Tuesday, June 18, 2013

One step at a time

This weekend felt pretty productive. 
We managed to paint the half bath, build a shelf in the living room built-ins for the TV to sit on, (sort of) organize the garage, hit up some tag sales, and hang the DIY basket light fixture.
Somewhere between all that, we were able to sneak away to the beach for a few hours.

We also hung this mirror (that has been sitting on the floor for about a month) in the landing of the staircase.



This basket is from Home Goods and serves as a catch-all for items that need to go upstairs.
Notice that it is empty in these pictures. 
Yeah...it is almost never like that!




The mirror is from a garage sale that I found for only five bucks!




I really love our staircase, especially the banister, 
but it is definitely a little slippery if you are running down the stairs in socks. 


So in an effort to prevent someone from slipping down the stairs, I would like to add a runner like this one that I found on Pinterest:


The light fixture in the staircase is also something I would like to change. 


The existing one is perfectly fine but I think we can do better.


Maybe something like this?


It feels good to get some things crossed off the to-do list. But like this blog post title reads, one step at a time. I used to want to get everything done immediately but now I am allowing myself to enjoy the process :)
-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.