Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Urge to purge

Those that know me know that I am a little bit of an organization freak.
I don't function well in chaos and mess so every once and a while I toss out the clutter, junk, and excess around me.
Doing so makes me feel so much more better and together.
Here's a short list of how I did it recently:

All of this stuff below was either expired, had stuff growing in it, or was practically empty. We also had about three bottles of ketchup (that I combined) and four opened jars of tomato sauce. So not necessary.


A quick purge of the fridge was very refreshing.
Now there is more room and I can actually see what is in there.


I am a serious clothes purger. I think there are only two articles of clothing that I still own from college (one of which is my college sweatshirt). I just like to get rid of stuff that just sits in my closet and replace it with things that I love.

Here's what I purged this go around:



 I usually bring the clothes to a consignment shop and with the money I make from there, I treat myself to something new and that I'll actually wear!


Digging through a purse can be so annoying!
I try to go through mine every so often and get rid of the receipts, expired coupons, empty gum packets, etc. Having it cleaned out makes me feel much more organized and together.


Here's a screenshot of my e-mail.
 Ahhhh I love having NO messages in my inbox.
Recently I deleted all of my e-mails and put the important ones in folders.
I also took a few minutes to unsubscribe to all of the junk mail.
I don't know why but I find it liberating!

- Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. Was there a consignment shop you used when you lived in Warren? I'm looking into bringing my clothes to one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meghan! I brought mine to one called Time & Again in Martinsville.

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.