Monday, October 28, 2013

Hey vanity, lighten up!

Okay, so I'm a little nervous about this post!
The sellers of our house (who we adore and have kept in touch with) are followers of the blog and I value their opinion and hope they don't hate what we did here!

In our master bathroom, I really like the vanity and its shaker style cabinets but I tend to like lighter colors than the dark wood look (which is why I love our kitchen so much and the white cabinets).


So after consulting a few friends and family members, I decided to paint the vanity.


Of course I went with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint because it requires no priming or preparation whatsoever. 
Easy peasy.


By the way, to see other things I've painted in ASCP, go here, here, and here.


Here's the progress of painting the vanity 
(I ended up taking off the cabinet fronts and painting them outside)...


And here is the after (although we still need to wax--my least favorite part):





And here are some side-by-side comparisons of the before & after:




I put the original hardware back on but I'm on the lookout for a change. 
Maybe something like this for the drawers?


What's next for the bathroom?
Well, we are almost finished with framing out the mirror (will share soon) and still need to pick a paint color for the walls (nowhere near making a decision). 

Have a great day!
- Caitlin

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! What a transformation! What color ASCP did you use? I'm thinking about doing my kitchen cabinets but I'm not sure on the color yet!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the white Better too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out SO WELL!!!! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.