Sunday, December 1, 2013

A merry mantel

This weekend I was able to switch our living room mantel from fall...


to winter:


I started by making my own boxwood wreath using a plain wreath I picked up for a quarter at a garage sale and boxwood garland from The Home Depot for about $20.


It was pretty easy to do. 
I just used wire to attach the boxwood as I went around and around.



Here it is hung up:



I had lots of boxwood garland left over from the wreath, so I draped the rest of it across the mantel and threw some strands of silver beads on top to glitz it up a bit.


I put this peace sign that came from a garage sale below the wreath. 
It was black so I spray painted it a dark silver.



The set of tall glass hurricanes are also a garage sale find.
I love the faux birch branches inside.


These votive holders are filled with fake snow and a battery powered votive candles.



Lots more holiday decorating to do around here today!

Thanks for stopping by :)
- Caitlin

1 comment:

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.