Tuesday, December 31, 2013

All that glitters...

Another year has whizzed by! And what a year it has been.
For starters, in the spring we purchased this house which led to the launch of this little blog.
Then, in the summer my brother married my best friend!
Now, they are almost finished building an ah-mazing house on the water (a.k.a. my future beach house).
Then this fall, my sister got engaged to the best guy around.
And lastly, the most surprising and exciting event was finding out that Chris and I will have a new addition to our family this spring!
Can 2014 top 2013?

Anyway, we are sticking to a low-key New Years Eve this year in front of the fireplace with some champagne (and sparkling cider) and something delicious that I will order (cooking more is one of my resolutions haha).

Even though we are staying in, I had fun checking out some New Years Eve party ideas
(maybe I'll try them next year):

Okay these might be more of a mess than they are worth, but I love these blinged out champagne bottles!
Click on the link below the picture for a DIY tutorial.

{via}

Continuing with the glitter theme, these mason jars look awesome with some glitter and simple flowers. 
Sparkly and festive.

{via}


These champagne glasses just have gold stickers added to them with different fun words.
Such an easy project!

{via}


Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!
- Caitlin

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering when/if you'd announce your pregnancy on the blog! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new years picket fence lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and Happy New Year! I suspected from your Pinterest Boards that you were expecting but since I don't know you I thought it would be weird if I asked. One year ago on New Year's Day I found out I was pregnant with #2. I hope your pregnancy is happy and uneventful! ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pinterest always gives it away! Haha I couldn't resist. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Caitlin & Chris! So thrilled for you both!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.