Sunday, February 9, 2014

Meet Melissa: part 3 the upstairs

It's hard moving into a house and tackling every room at once. 
I'm dealing with it, and my friend Melissa, whose house I have so far posted about here and here, is experiencing the same. 

Nonetheless, Melissa has made some great progress on the upstairs of their house even if she says it's not done at all. Take for example their guest bedroom:


Melissa made this headboard using some plywood, batting, a staple gun, and this fun fabric.


Even upon inspecting it up close, I would have never known it was a DIY project!


She also spray painted this once white mirror navy to coordinate with the room:



As it has been the case with our master bedroom, their master is under construction as well. 
However I'm sure when this room is complete, it will look amazing.


Just like the guest bedroom, Melissa made their headboard as well!


She modeled it after this Pottery Barn one
As for the fabric, would you believe it is drop cloth from Home Depot? Believe it!




Both Melissa and I are expecting baby boys in May and she and her husband have been working on getting the nursery together. 


So far, they have added board and batten to the walls...



...and picked out fabric for the bedding.
I can't wait to see the final product!


Thank you Melissa for allowing me to brag about your house for a week straight!
- Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.