Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What to do with these wallpaper samples?

If you follow me on Instagram, you might remember me sharing that Serena & Lily offer free wallpaper samples, which come in really great patterns and colors.


This past weekend, I found a use for this sample below when my mom and I did a little craft together.


She had found this clock at a garage sale for the baby's nursery.
The background was not really my taste so we decided to give it a little makeover.
First, we spray painted the outer part of the clock a pewter color (it was originally gold, I just forgot to take a before picture):


Then, we popped out the inside of the clock and covered it using the wallpaper sample:


Then we stenciled on the numbers...


and added an anchor appliqué from Michaels.


Here's the end result:


We're not the only ones getting creative with these wallpaper samples.
Check out what Brandi from Don't Disturb This Groove did with hers!

Here's one more look at our before & after:


Thanks mom for your help! 

- Caitlin

4 comments:

  1. So cute, Caitlin! I love that you worked on the clock with your mom. Makes it an even sweeter addition to your baby's nursery. Thanks so much for including a link to my blog in your post and sharing about the samples in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Can you show the full room to see how the nursery is coming along? :)

    Sarah

    www.sarahsdaybook.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon! Just a few more things I would like to do before I share the progress.

      Delete
  3. That is seriously impressive. The others could be great behind photos in bigger frames, to add interest… can't wait to see what you end up making!

    xo Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.