Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Fresh start for the family room

Today I'm sharing a look around our family room:

 
Kind of looks like we just moved in or got robbed, doesn't it?
 

Well, what's happening is that we haven't been happy with the way it was looking mainly due to the fact that it was one of those rooms where we sort of just put all of our left over furniture in and called it a day. 
 
Also, with all the other more important rooms in the house to decorate (our bedroom, the nursery, etc.) this room has sort of fallen to the wayside.
 

 
Until now.
In an effort to kick start getting the family room furnished the way we'd like, we decided to empty it all out and start fresh.
We were able to sell the furniture we no longer wanted (yes, someone actually bought our sad lumpy couch that I shared here) and now we have some extra cash to put towards furniture that we will love.
 

I'm excited to get started on decorating in here because it has a lot of character and potential...


 
...and now that it is empty, it is easier to have a vision of what we want the room to look like.

 
Until that vision comes to fruition, Rosie and Charlie have a rumpus room to enjoy.
That's Rosie's excited face by the way.

 
As for what kind of look we will go for in this room, I'm still not entirely sure and will be turning my attention to Pinterest for some inspiration.
 
Here are some looks that I am liking:
 
Elements of Style
Savvy Home
 
Source Unknown
 
Coastal Living
 
Home Décor

 
I'll keep you updated as we go!
 
P.S. Check out Charlie's nursery feature on Apartment Therapy. Yay!
 
- Caitlin

3 comments:

  1. What a great room, love the window seating. I like all of your inspiration pictures too. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room has amazing bones! I love all the initial inspiration pics, and can't wait to see what you come up with. Please post about every step along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait to see what you come up with!!! I love this space...great bones and potential!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.