Sunday, August 10, 2014

Less is more mantel

I'm finding through decorating our house that just a few bold accessories sometimes looks better than  a lot of little tchotchkes (100% had to look up the spelling).

Recently I tried to follow that with our mantel, which has sported many different looks over this past year (see here, here, here, and here):


Now, the mantel has a much more simple and clean look.
Just two big accessories on either end and that is it.


Initially, I was tempted to add more to the mantel, thinking it looked too bare.
But after a little time, it grew on me and now I am really liking the simplicity of it all.


The wicker and glass hurricanes are from Pottery Barn and are filled with mini ferns.




Which do you prefer?
A mantel with a lot on it or just a few accessories?

- Caitlin

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I would have to look that up too! I really love those hurricane glasses. The wicker is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.