Thursday, August 28, 2014

The answer to my culinary prayers

I might like to decorate but it's no secret that I don't like to cook.
Recently though, the whole process has become a little bit more enjoyable when I decided to sign ourselves up for Blue Apron.


Basically, each week you are sent perfectly pre-portioned ingredients for three different recipes and very easy to follow step-by-step instructions (with pictures) on how to prepare each meal. You can tailor the menu you are sent by specifying any dietary restrictions (hello fellow pescatarians) and even opt out for the week if you don't like the upcoming menu.

Blue Apron

Here's why I like it:

1. It's affordable.
It comes out to about $10 a person per meal, which is probably equal to what I would spend by going out to the grocery store.


2. I don't have to think about what to cook or even go to the grocery store.
Now I don't consider myself a lazy person by any means but sometimes going grocery shopping and planning out a dinner menu is such a chore.


3. It's fast.
Each meal is designed to take about 35 minutes to prepare. Plus, having the ingredients perfectly portioned out makes for a quick preparation. There's no breaking out the measuring cups or tablespoons, which in turn also makes for an easier clean up.

4. It's healthy (enough).
All the recipes range from 500-700 calories, which is a plus for those working on losing the post-baby poundage.

I'll spare you my prepared Blue Apron meals' photos (I've yet to learn how to photograph food well) but you can check out their Instagram to see lots of pictures.

Happy cooking!
- Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. WHO told you about blue apron? i get no shout out? :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! This is awesome. I am so happy you posted about this because I probably never would have found out about it on my own. Heading over to check their IG out now :)

    Xo,L
    simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.