Friday, January 2, 2015

A nursery for my niece or nephew

Recently my brother and sister-in-law (whose wedding and house I have posted about before here, here, and here) announced that they are expecting! We are all so thrilled and can't wait for baby's arrival. In the meantime, my SIL and I have been scheming about nursery ideas. I had so much fun getting Charlie's nursery ready, I am excited to help get this nursery going.

Here are two mood boards I've put together to get the inspiration flowing (one for if it's a boy and one for if it's a girl):





1. The pom poms on these curtains are playful, as a nursery should be!
2. They sell paper maché deer heads like this one at Michael's. I think it would be fun to paint the antlers a different color.
3. A little carpentry project for Chris (source for arrow unknown).
4. I'm sure my sister could re-create some graphic art like this one with the baby's initials.
5. My sister-in-law is loving this crib and I'm loving the price. Super affordable.
6. It will be fun to do a DIY project inspired by this Anthropologie globe.
7. I like how the orange arrows in this crib sheet pick up the orange in the rug.
8. The colors in this rug sort of spawned the whole design of the room. It's a tad pricey but we can save in other places, like the rocker.
9. Way to go Ikea! This lamp is awesome.
10. This tree stump table picks up on the woodsy vibe of the room. It's currently sold out but I guess we could always chop down a tree and make one ourself, right?!
11. This rocker is definitely a splurge but we found a much much more affordable look-alike here!
12. I love how this pillow picks up the colors in the rug and has pom poms like the curtains. And for $32 with the insert included, the price is a no-brainer.
13. The peach in this crib sheet picks up on the colors in the rug.
14. Minted has great art options, like this monogrammed print.
15. The price of this rug is so so affordable.
16. This pillow is too perfect.


Happy Friday!
- Caitlin

1 comment:

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.